Its common sight at any household, in the early hours of a weekday, for the lady of the house to wake up and stream right into the kitchen while the man of the house takes his pleasure strolls around the house, reading the newspaper, taking it to the restroom to spend quality time going over each page. And he gets all the time in the world to groom himself and exercise, or continue reading the paper.
I just fail to understand why they don't get it. Hey, the lady here in question is not a meagre housewife who can't read or doesn't know how to put her feet up and relax. Till yesterday, she was someone's daughter who was educated, pampered, loved and taught that she doesn't need to act subordinate to anyone. But today, she too holds a responsible position at an organization and has to leave the house earlier than the man that she's married to. But why, oh why, does he refuse to help in the kitchen and act like its too menial for him to even consider cooking for himself. But, oh yes, he needs breakfast at the table right on dot. And he loves, just loves, to say - Did I ask you to do these things? And what if you try to do just what he says? Here's the funny part. He exclaims, as if to no one in particular - Oh, I'm so tired and my day didn't go well since I didn't have breakfast.
Its not the 19th century anymore. The wife's salary plays an important part in making two ends meet. So why is there no equality when it comes to those menial jobs that women do all by themselves. It looks like its the lady's responsibility alone here, Hello!? Its your house too..and if you want me to 'serve' you, you better let me stay at home and give me a queen's living with a maid by my side. I'll do it all for you, without a question !!
Marriage would never be so difficult, or wouldn't be known to be so, if the men in this world didn't think too highly of themselves. Just like you, we have worked our way up through B-school and would love to live and enjoy life. Yes, agree that responsibilities are part of married life. But I don't understand why a man cant cook !!!
I just fail to understand why they don't get it. Hey, the lady here in question is not a meagre housewife who can't read or doesn't know how to put her feet up and relax. Till yesterday, she was someone's daughter who was educated, pampered, loved and taught that she doesn't need to act subordinate to anyone. But today, she too holds a responsible position at an organization and has to leave the house earlier than the man that she's married to. But why, oh why, does he refuse to help in the kitchen and act like its too menial for him to even consider cooking for himself. But, oh yes, he needs breakfast at the table right on dot. And he loves, just loves, to say - Did I ask you to do these things? And what if you try to do just what he says? Here's the funny part. He exclaims, as if to no one in particular - Oh, I'm so tired and my day didn't go well since I didn't have breakfast.
Its not the 19th century anymore. The wife's salary plays an important part in making two ends meet. So why is there no equality when it comes to those menial jobs that women do all by themselves. It looks like its the lady's responsibility alone here, Hello!? Its your house too..and if you want me to 'serve' you, you better let me stay at home and give me a queen's living with a maid by my side. I'll do it all for you, without a question !!
Marriage would never be so difficult, or wouldn't be known to be so, if the men in this world didn't think too highly of themselves. Just like you, we have worked our way up through B-school and would love to live and enjoy life. Yes, agree that responsibilities are part of married life. But I don't understand why a man cant cook !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment